- Abby learned to rake.
- Michael has moved back into a booster seat (one with a tray that cannot so easily be ripped off in a fit of pique), and is loving his new position around the dining room table with us; so much so that he now insists on being held by the shoulder on either side during pre-dinner prayer.
- We've started Michael on a probiotic, and have added in a few snacks throughout the day to cover possible issues of digestive discomfort and/or low blood sugar, and have seen remarkable improvement in his mood for the last three days- a big change from earlier in the week.
- The kids and I made it to a playdate on Friday for the first time in many weeks.
- Mia and I have been working pretty hard at this solid food thing, and she managed about 3/4 of an ounce of mashed banana on Saturday despite her initial trepidation.
- All three babies got to Skype with Aunt Ali, and the two oldest seem to have really gotten the process down.
- Every day I could swear a new tooth should have come in for Mia by now (and last night's major cry-fest/sleep-strike proved there's something going on, but no sightings yet.
- I finally got the woven wrap I've been pining for these last few months, as a late birthday present from Mima, Granda, and Mei Mei.
- After some serious internal (and external) debate, I elected to get my own URL. You can still find me under www.findingvanillaoctopus.blogspot.com, but you'll be redirected to the new address, www.findingvanillaoctopus.com.
- I was mentioned in another blog! Mamaschmama is some good stuff, and you should definitely check out her site.
|Dump truck, or chew toy?|
|Daddy's little helper.|
|Mia discovered that sitting up gives her access to... TOES!|
|Who needs peas when you've got Sophie?|
|Sunday Mass = missed morning nap and worn-out Mia.|
|Loving the new/old (used to be Abby's but now she's in his) booster seat.|
|Sometimes, he loves his new position a little too much (no worries- that's just a butter knife).|
|Mia's got some new moves.|
|Abby with her new favorite book: Richard Scarry's Best Storybook Ever.|
|My new wrap, with Michael as my willing test-subject for the first Double Hammock attempt.|
|It took four or five tries, but I improved upon Michael's carry with Mia.|
|As it turned out, the wrap came with sleepy dust!|
Overheard this week:
To Michael, as he began melting into hysterics one morning: "Michael, you need to calm down."
Between Abby and Me
M: "Abby, come over here and give your sister a kiss."
A: Runs over excitedly. " I want to eat her because she's so delicious."
Between Abby and Tom
T: "That's my name, but what do you call me?"
A: "Daddy." (After a beat) "Tom, I really wanna be upside- down."
Between Abby and her friend at church (as they looked at a book together)
F: "Can you read it to me?"
A: "I don't know the words. I don't know how to read yet."
F: "I don't know how to read, too. Can you tell me the pictures?"
(Abby proceeds to recount the parts of the story that she knows.)
A: "These are spooks."
F: " Oooh. There are four spooks."
A: "No no no no." She begins to count them. "One, two, three, four." Then, "There are four spooks."
F: "Ghosteses are scary."
A: " Yeah, ghosteses are scary."