Saturday, January 5, 2013

One Last Thing Before I Indulge Myself Again

I'm supposed to be writing a blog post, but I'm on day two of a huge, frustrating block, and all I can think about is how I want to go steal another cupcake from the box that our dinner guests brought with them tonight.

I could fill this post with details about my day, which was rather eventful, and included a jewelry party and visit from far-too-infrequently seen but good friends and their beautiful daughter. But I tire of using this blog as my equivalent of a personal diary. I want to write about meaningful things, with beautiful prose, but I never seem to have ideas anymore, or a clear head with which to apply them.

I certainly don't have much going on my head right now, that's for sure. I'm just tired- always tired, and I have another big day ahead of me tomorrow. We'll finally be celebrating Christmas with my parents, who were down in Texas with my brother and his new family while I was up in New Jersey with Tom's folks. It's kind of perfect that we'll be able to do it on Epiphany, also called "Three Kings Day" or "Little Christmas," depending on who you ask.

It will be happy and sad; I'm excited to finally give out those last few gifts to people that I love, but once it's over, it really will be over. Christmas will have to wait another year to come around again.

And when all is said and done, I'm sure I'll need a week to recover from the business of the weekend.

But it will be totally worth it, of course.


For the sake of posterity, I will note that Abby and her new pal, E, got along fabulously this evening (as fabulously as toddlers can, anyway). Abby gave her lots of hugs, and at least one cracker. She also graciously allowed E to take a couple of rides on Rody, and on her new pink elephant, Africa. It did take some convincing, however, to assure Abby that it was okay for E to play with Michael's new "laptop." Most impressive, however: though she was absolutely smitten with E's adorable Hello Kitty hat (Abby does love hats, after all), she eventually accepted that E would be wearing it back home with her, and there was no fuss when the time came. I hope to see more of E, and her wonderful parents, in the near future.